Coeur Silvertip Holdings Ltd.
Coeur Mining, Inc. is a well-diversified growing precious metals producer with five operations in North America. Coeur’s wholly-owned operations include the Palmarejo silver-gold complex in Mexico, the Silvertip silver-zinc-lead mine in British Columbia, the Rochester silver-gold mine in Nevada, the Kensington gold mine in Alaska, and the Wharf gold mine in South Dakota. In addition, the Company owns the La Preciosa project in Mexico, a silver-gold exploration stage project. Coeur also conducts numerous exploration activities in North and South America. Coeur’s headquarters are located in Chicago, IL.
The Coeur Silvertip mine located in British Columbia, just 10 miles south of the Yukon border is seeking an Environmental Technician to work in a camp-based environment rotating on a two week in/two week out shift rotation.
If you are motivated by unique challenges, change, working in a remote location and work-life balance with the flexibility of a rotational schedule, this opportunity is for you!
The Environmental Technician within the Environment Department reporting to the Environmental Superintendent.
- Perform environmental monitoring on site including but not limited to, water quality sampling, flow measurements, data downloads, groundwater sampling, drinking watr sampling to ensure compliance with government regulations, licenses and permits;
- Perform routine inspections as required by the site Environmental Management System;
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports;
- Assist with and monitor reclamation and trial projects as directed by the environment group;
- Perform data quality and control analysis on internal and external data and implementing improvements as needed to meet data quality objectives;
- Support site data management and filing;
- Assist in environmental emergency response;
- Record data and observations in an accurate and well-organized manner;
- Communicate effectively with project team members and other departments;
- Coordinate environmental related activities including sample shipment, sampling supplies, maintaining field equipment and schedules;
- Other additional tasks as required and assigned;
- Work independently with little to no supervision.
- High school diploma as a minimum and/or completion of an Environment Technician Training Program or similar;
- Environmental Monitor Certification;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills (including detailed knowledge of Microsoft excel and word);
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Physically fit to perform the duties of the position;
- Six months, work experience in the mining & exploration industry – preferable;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce.
At Coeur, we PROTECT our people, places and planet, DEVELOP quality resources, growth and plans, and DELIVER impactful results through teamwork. To become a part of our team and to work together to tackle challenges head-on apply www.coeur.com/company/careers for this position.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
Education Level Achieved
High school diploma or equivalent
Years of Experience
6 - 12 months related experience