Human Resources Manager
Skeena Resources Limited
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for Recruiting and onboarding of new employees. The company is growing and adding new job descriptions, work locations, and mine sites. The HR Manager will be responsible for evaluating the company’s existing policies and practices and expanding them to encompass the new projects and activities of the company. The ideal candidate will be someone who has practical experience with a junior mining company located in and operating in British Columbia.
How to Apply:
Please send a résumé with your cover email to the address below and reference the HR Manager position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday November 6th , 2020 (4:00 PM)
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com (recruiter)
For questions, call 720-219-7229
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
• Review existing HR policies, develop and implement policies required for the expanding activities of the company.
• Manage Service Canada requests and Ministry of Labour claims including collecting documentation, as well as finalization and submission of documentation;
• Ensure that the interests of colleagues and company are considered in accordance with HR policies and applicable government laws and regulations – i.e.: ESA, Human Rights Code;
• Conduct investigations pertaining to Violence, Harassment or Discrimination (leading the process end to end);
• Participate in Loss Prevention related investigation and make recommendations to the business and support in the execution of investigation outcomes;
• Conduct Exit Interviews and provide feedback and recommendations to the company.
• Manage employee work permits including auditing, and managing applications for provincial nominee program(s);
• Contribute to continuous improvement & best practices to influence human resources strategies;
• Full benefits administration including working with CFO in annual renewal, employee enrolment, benefit removal as well as working with brokerage on any policy changes;
• Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of HR management
• Must have strong knowledge/experience of employment law, particularly for British Columbia.
• Computer proficiency – MS Office, record keeping, and possibly ERP.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to work with all levels of employees and management within the company
• College or university diploma
• 5-15 years progressive experience in Human Resources Management
• Demonstrated experience with recruiting and on-boarding of new employees
• Demonstrated experience with development and implementation of company policies
• Strong computer skills: strong preference for candidates proficient in HRM (Human Resource Management) Systems.
• Specific knowledge of BC employment law and practices
• Strong preference for CPHR Charter
• Preference for experience in the mining industry.
Education Level Achieved
Post secondary diploma
Years of Experience
5+ years related experience