Environmental Assessment Manager
Skeena Resources Limited
Skeena is looking for an Environmental Assessment (EA) Manager to join its Sustainability Team. Reporting to the VP Sustainability, the EA Manager will take the lead on the Environmental Assessment on the Eskay Creek Project as it proceeds into the EA process as a potential open pit gold-silver operation. This role works very closely with other members of the Sustainability Team to help advance the project through assessment and permitting. The ideal candidate will be someone with at least 10 years’ experience managing the environmental assessment process and permitting of mining projects, preferably in northwest BC.
This is a full- time position which could be based in a community in northwestern BC and/or in the Skeena office in Vancouver. The position would involve intermittent travel to the proposed Mine Site, as well as northwest BC communities. The position is scheduled to start in November 2020.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume and a minimum of two references. Be sure to list the title of the job in the header of the application package. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday October 23rd, 2020 (4:00 PM)
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
- Work with Skeena’s sustainability team to be the lead on the Environmental Assessment aspect of the Eskay Creek Project as it enters the EA process
- Oversee the overall EA process and schedule including:
- managing of consultants conducting work related to the EA process
- liaising with government regulators regarding the EA process
- Degree in Sciences, Resource Management, Environmental Planning or related field.
- 10+ years of experience managing impact assessments and environmental permitting related to the mining sector
- Expertise with Federal, Provincial and Territorial regulations and guidelines, including experience in projects subject to provincial and federal impact assessment processes (e.g., BC Environmental Assessment Act, Canadian Impact Assessment Act)
- Solid grasp of key environmental assessment, mitigation and management issues within the resource sector, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad assessment approvals
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, developing programs, delivering projects and managing resources effectively
- Excellent inter-personal skills together with an ability to facilitate commitment to a cooperative team effort
- Excellent English communication skills, both orally and written and the ability to work with all levels of the organization
Education Level Achieved
Post secondary degree
Years of Experience
5+ years related experience