Coast Mountain Hydro LP
Reporting to the Operations Manager this position is responsible for the efficient procurement of a variety of materials and services that assist in the operations of Coast Mountain Hydro Services Inc. The incumbent will exhibit sound judgment ensuring procurement decisions to achieve the best overall value for the company. This position will also assist in the office management of the day to day operations of the CMH facilities. Although this individual will primarily be responsible for the office, the successful incumbent must be willing to think outside the box and take on any task at the facility that may by required.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
- Procurement of materials, equipment and services within company policy, guidelines and purchasing procedures.
- Review assigned purchase requisitions.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion and submission of:
- Purchase orders, purchase requisitions, and change orders.
- Invoices and coordination with Accounts Payable and Procurement.
- Manage invoices and complete three way matching to packing slips.
- Assist with the management and tracking of shipping and receiving materials.
- Prepare, issue, receive and analyse tenders in accordance with established evaluation criteria.
- Coordinate travel, meetings and events for Coast Mountain Hydro employees and contractors as required.
- Responsible for the management of the company Fleet vehicles, liaising with the Fleet management vendor and ensuring on time processing of insurance renewals, vehicle purchases, payment, vehicle repair and maintenance appointments.
- Maintain business relationships with customers, suppliers and business associates.
- Assist with the reconciliation of CMH’s corporate procurement card.
- Assist with the asset management system data entry (Maximo) as required.
- Circulate and distribute project documents and the filing of approved documents as required.
- Support Human Resources administrative functions as needed.
- Periodically review and update contact information for vendors.
- Draft correspondence to inquiries as assigned.
- A two year diploma in Business Administration from an institute of recognized standing plus a minimum of three years directly related experience
- Completion of year one of Strategic Supply Chain Leadership Program plus minimum of five years directly related experience
- Diploma in Supply Management plus minimum seven years directly related experience
- Advanced understanding of corporate purchasing policy, guidelines and procedures including commercial law and supply management.
- Common understanding of Government Legislation including Workers' Compensation Act, Dangerous Goods Regulations, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System, Workplace Safety and Health Act, Federal and Provincial Tax.
- Practical knowledge of the various material, apparatus and services used throughout CMH would be an asset.
- Possess a valid Province of BC Driver's Licence with no driving restrictions in effect.
- Competency in the following areas: Achieving Results, Building Customer Relations, Building Trust, Communication, Effective Decision Making and Team Player.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experienced in Maximo purchasing system.
- Experience in JDE purchasing system would be an asset.
Education Level Achieved
Post secondary diploma
Years of Experience
5+ years related experience
Certificates, Designations and TicketsCertificate - Transportation of Dangerous Goods
Certificate - WHMIS