Journeyman / Certified Welder
Newcrest Red Chris Mining Limited
Discover what’s possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George and Smithers.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking an experienced certified / Journeyman Welder to join our mobile maintenance crew. Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, you will perform welding repairs and daily welding inspections on all production, service and support equipment. You will demonstrate continuous effort to improve repair times, assist in streamlining work processes and mentor / train welding apprentices.
In addition, you will possess the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Journeyman Welder Interprovincial Red Seal Certification
- Welding repair experience with Caterpillar haul trucks, dozers, graders, Hitachi and Komatsu hydraulic excavators and shovels, P&H 2800XPB shovel and Atlas Copco drills is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with repair and rebuild of shovel buckets and haul truck boxes
- Knowledge of common welding processes, pre-heat and post-heat management techniques and working with a variety of wear resistant metals
- Experience with frame, boom, bucket and haul truck structural repairs will be an asset.
- Strong computer skills are necessary for the daily input of timesheets, work orders, parts list, pick tickets, equipment information, troubleshooting feedback and shift turnover notes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- Minimum 1 – 3 years work related experience
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
All applications must be submitted via Newcrest's wesbite https://www.newcrest.com/careers/current-opportunities by 12 January 2021
Education Level Achieved
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Years of Experience
1 - 3 years related experience