Project Engineer- Eskay Creek
Skeena Resources Limited
Reporting directly to the COO, the Project Engineer is responsible for managing all on-site project engineering activities on assigned Mine construction and development projects. The incumbent will incorporate the highest standards of safety and Environmental performance into all decisions that they make. They will ensure all professional engineering plans are accurate, in place and issued to different project proponents as required.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Deliver on all assigned projects as per the baseline schedule and within budget;
- Maximize project efficiency and profitability;
- Determine project specifications and acquire the necessary materials for completion;
- Develop scope and parameters for project design and implementation;
- Identify project responsibilities, delegating phases and elements to the appropriate personnel;
- Develop and control the full project-plan lifecycle;
- Demonstrate ownership of the project with regards to technical aspects and project management;
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate all technical and management aspects of the site projects;
- Works closely with the project team to ensure that all deliverables of projects are achieved on time and within budget;
- Prepare Scopes of Work for Engineering Services and supporting documentation to competitively bid work and coordinate award of contract;
- Coordinate to ensure that Consultant Engineer of Record conducts required site inspections at the appropriate times during construction to confirm work is executed in accordance with project design, specifications, drawings, codes, and company standards;
- Maintain project status data based on weekly reports from Consultants;
- Provide cost forecast, cost variance, and accruals as required by Project accounting and cost control measures;
- Works closely with the project controller to develop and monitor project progress (e.g., S-curve) to achieve the required deliverables of the project;
- Attend all project meetings and provide information as required by Senior Staff;
- Adjust daily priority as required for the successful operational efficiencies to meet all project milestones.
- Generate all required documentation for the projects (AFE, requisitions, SOW, RFP, etc.)
- Awareness of and compliance to regulations under provincial and Federal occupational Health and Safety Regulations, and the Mines Act.
- Be a willing and able participant to the Skeena Resources Safety mandate. Ensure adherence, awareness and leadership support to the Company’s safety and environmental rules and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field of study is required.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in BC (EGBC), or eligible for registration is highly desired.
- Additional education and training in project management, and Business is highly desired
- Minimum 4+ years project management, project engineering, or project planning experience (scope, schedule, cost, quality)
- Proven computer platform experience in Project management and cost controls
- Strong field management experience
- Experience supporting Engineering Change Request (ECR) and Engineering Change Orders (ECO) processes
- Standard First Aid certification
- Must hold a valid Driver’s license;
- +5 years’ experience in an open-pit mining environment, highly desired;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite of software
This position involves working at a remote exploration site on a “general” two week on/two week off rotation. The Eskay Creek project is located within the Coast Mountains of Northwestern British Columbia and Tahltan Territory. Transportation would be provided from Telegraph Creek, Dease Lake and Iskut as well as charter flights from Vancouver, Kamloops, Prince George, Terrace and Smithers with shuttles from either the Bob Quinn airport or Terrace Airport to Eskay Creek camp facilities.
Prolonged periods of time at a desk working at a computer may be required. There will be exposure to extreme temperatures in all seasons including working outdoors in snow, mud, ice, and water conditions, walking to and from different locations on uneven ground, prolonged periods of standing and physically handling/lifting/moving heavy objects.
To apply by email, send your cover letter and resume in Word or .pdf format to email@example.com, by January 18th, 2021. Include your NAME and JOB TITLE in the subject line of your e-mail response. Priority hiring consideration will be given to Tahltan Nation citizens, Tsetsault Skii km Lax Ha citizens and other First Nations and then residents of Northern British Columbia. All Applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Education Level Achieved
Post secondary degree
Years of Experience
3 - 5 years related experience