Materials and Procurement Manager
Skeena Resources Limited
Job Title: Materials and Procurement Manager, Eskay Creek, British Columbia
Position Summary: Reporting directly to Mine/Site Manager at Eskay Creek, the Materials and Procurement Manager is responsible for leading the development, implementation, continuous improvement, and execution of Skeena Resources Procurement strategy, policies, and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the Supply Chain specifically for the Materials oriented goods categories. This position communicates the purchasing vision and builds strong working relationships with internal clients.
The Materials and Procurement Manager is the primary site-based resource to service the Skeena operational field sites and development project activities. This position develops the materials management functions associated with the identification, quantification, allocation, and distribution of project materials including the maintenance of records and documentation for planning, receipt, storage, custody, and issuance.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Lead the continuous improvement and execution of Skeena Resources purchasing strategy, policies, and guidelines regarding materials categories and contracts; is accountable for value-added, cost savings, and other performance metrics;
- Manage the material demand yearly needs with the user areas and identify and develop suppliers to support commercial and operational requirements;
- Interface with key client executives, ensure adequate visibility of the purchasing vision, and build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients. Ensure client satisfaction;
- Interface with Project groups for all materials purchasing requirements from start to finish. Assist with upfront planning, vendor selection, understanding lead times, and operational transition integration and business readiness;
- Develop and implement new concepts in work simplification and cost reduction including life cycle costing, value analysis, vendor analysis and information necessary to recommend regional solutions;
- Implements the strategic sourcing methodology to support the development of the materials commodity strategy through ongoing management of the category;
- Execute the supplier relationship management process including but not limited to: Tracking supplier performance metrics, cost influences and customer satisfaction metrics;
- Ensure timely and professional service to user departments in the preparation and evaluations of bids, negotiation with suppliers, award recommendations, preparation of contract documentation, issuance of award of contracts and regret letters, and management and close out of contracts related to materials and goods;
- Negotiate commercial and contractual conditions seeking the best possible price, terms of execution, and quality conditions;
- Administrate tender processes, participating in the selection of suppliers and bid lists.
- Develop skills and abilities of indirect reports and act as a champion and mentor for all resources in the supply chain functions of the organization;
- Understand and comply with the current Mining Safety and Health regulations and Loss Prevention procedures of Skeena Resources;
- Develop and Leads the implementation of a on site warehouse strategy;
- Manage and coordinate all site and project logistics;
- Coordinates and administers the on-site waste management plan in conjunction with the Sustainability department.
- Demonstrate social awareness, commitment and compliance with Skeena Resources opportunity sharing agreements, always showing a socially responsible behavior with the Community and with the Company.
- All other duties related to the role.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or Operations Management is highly desired;
- CSCMP (Certified Supply Chain Management Professional) certification preferred
- A Minimum of 6 to 8 years of directly related procurement / sourcing experience or equivalent combination of Supply Chain management experience is required;
- Mining experience is essential;
- Experience in EPCM contracting, procurement or contractor management is desired;
- Strong computer skills using MS office suite – is required;
- Knowledge of enterprise level software packages is necessary;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must possess very strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, tact, and diplomacy;
- Leadership attributes to influence and persuade a course of action with multiple competing priorities.
This position involves working at a remote exploration site on a “general” two week on/two week off rotation. The Eskay Creek project is located within the Coast Mountains of Northwestern British Columbia and Tahltan Territory. Transportation would be provided from Telegraph Creek, Dease Lake and Iskut as well as charter flights from Vancouver, Kamloops, Prince George, Terrace and Smithers with shuttles from either the Bob Quinn airport or Terrace Airport to Eskay Creek camp facilities.
Prolonged periods of time at a desk working at a computer may be required. There will be exposure to extreme temperatures in all seasons including working outdoors in snow, mud, ice, and water conditions, walking to and from different locations on uneven ground, prolonged periods of standing and physically handling/lifting/moving heavy objects.
To apply by email, send your cover letter and resume in Word or .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 19th, 2021. Include your NAME and JOB TITLE in the subject line of your e-mail response. Priority hiring consideration will be given to Tahltan Nation citizens, Tsetsault Skii km Lax Ha citizens and other First Nations and then residents of Northern British Columbia. All Applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Education Level Achieved
Post secondary degree
Years of Experience
5+ years related experience