Communications and Outreach Coordinator
Newcrest Red Chris Mining Limited
Who are we?
Newcrest Mining Limited, a global mining company and Australia’s largest gold producer has recently expanded its footprint into British Columbia as the operator of a Joint Venture company, Newcrest Red Chris Mining Limited. Newcrest Red Chris Mining Limited (NRCM) has an opportunity for Communications and Outreach Coordinator in the Social Performance and Community Relations Department. This position is for work at our mine located 80 km south of Dease Lake, BC in Tahltan traditional territory. We offer a number of designated flight marshalling points within BC. Qualified applicants from local Tahltan communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The role will primarily be located on site at the Red Chris Mine; however, the roles is expected to be flexible and accommodate alternative arrangements depending on work requirements.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
- Support and execute media strategies and related activities to enhance the image of NCRM.
- Coordinate cooperative media strategies with Tahltan Nation, as requested.
- Develop communications strategy and implement related media campaigns particularly in social media.
- Liaise with HR NRCM to share relevant materials on employment opportunities across a range of platforms.
- Content writing for posts across various social media platforms with an emphasis on advertising for job openings.
- Develop and produce informational materials related to NRCM such as fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, photos, graphics, frequently asked questions etc.
- Develop and support NRCM community engagement program coordination, including scheduling, meeting planning and budget reporting.
- Support regular coordination and communication between Tahltan Nation and NRCM.
- Support the implementation and delivery of the Impact Benefit and Co-Management Agreement in partnership with the Tahltan Central Government.
- Prepares quarterly reports, as required.
- Actively participate to create and maintain a strong and positive working relationship with Red Chris departments, the Tahltan Central Government, NML Corporate Social Performance and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree (preferably in related disciplines such as communications, social sciences, or marketing).
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, with one or more years in a professional communications context, or a mix of roles within a First Nations context and/or in communications and engagement.
- A high level of understanding of the Tahltan Nation, and First Nations.
- Passion for social media and marketing.
- Strong MS Office experience, including MS Teams and SharePoint and experience in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign (highly desired).
- Proven technical writing and organizations skills.
- Self-starter, able to work well independently as well as within a project team.
We are accepting applications until July 27, 2020.
Please direct all applications to our website:
Education Level Achieved
Post secondary degree
Years of Experience
3 - 5 years related experience