Newcrest Red Chris Mining Limited
Newcrest Mining Limited, a global mining company and Australia’s largest gold producer has recently expanded its footprint into British Columbia as the operator of a Joint Venture company, Newcrest Red Chris Mining Limited. At our Red Chris Mine, we are recruiting an Infrastructure Lead to join the Project Delivery team. This position is to work at our Vancouver Office. Red Chris mine is located 80 km south of Dease Lake, BC, on the Tahltan territory. Qualified applicants from the local communities are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Study Manager, the successful candidate will lead the definition, tendering and design, of the site infrastructure to support the Red Chris Block Cave Study outcomes, managing a small team, various stakeholders and contractors, to deliver the infrastructure portion of the study to meet the requirements of the Block Cave business plan.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
- Lead the development of an integrated infrastructure design that includes existing, and short term planned infrastructure, as well as new and expanded infrastructure requirements for the Red Chris block cave.
- Guide the Studies team in the most efficient layouts for infrastructure design and coordinate an overall site layout
- Deliver the study on time, within budget, and as per technical specifications and Newcrest standards
- Provide safety leadership to the project with a strong focus on process safety and culture.
- Deliver effective, ongoing, site-based stakeholder engagement, to facilitate cooperation and alignment through strong relationship management between Red Chris Operations personnel, Project Delivery, Technology, and Technical Services
- Challenge assumptions and foster innovative thinking, to deliver the best outcomes for Newcrest.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years of design experience with mining and associated infrastructures
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering field
- Professional Engineering designation
- Strong experience with Canadian and international infrastructure design and operations/projects
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) upwards (to Manager/General Manager/Chief Operations Officer) and to operational and technical levels
- Experience interacting and communicating with local communities, including First Nations
We are accepting applications until July 20, 2020.
Please direct all applications to our website:
Education Level Achieved
Post secondary degree
Years of Experience
5+ years related experience