Newcrest Red Chris Mining Limited
Discover what’s possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. This position is a temporary 12-month position at our Vancouver Office.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
Who we’re looking for?
We are seeking a Project Administrator to provide administration support for the Red Chris Block Cave study, and early works project execution, in line with Newcrest standards and industry leading methods to assist in delivering the Pre-Feasibility Study on time and within budget. This role is responsible for managing confidential, time-sensitive information in a professional manner to achieve business results.
Reporting to the Study Manager, your duties will also include:
- Responsible for coordinating the onboarding of new team members
- Act as backup administrator for SharePoint
- Develop and maintain the Project contacts list to include Newcrest owner’s team, site stakeholders and consultants and ensure alignment with the Project’s SharePoint site
- Responsible for arranging site travel
- Manage project documentation
- Coordinate purchase requisitions and purchase orders
- Other related duties as defined
You will be self-motivated and take initiative by proactively looking for ways to add value. Experience providing support to multiple team members across time zones in a fast-paced, dynamic project environment is desirable. You will demonstrate a proven ability to understand project administration and contract commercial terms with the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
In addition, you will possess the following:
- Business Administration Certificate or Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an administrative support role with a global company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize based on business demands
- High proficiency with SharePoint, SAP, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office Suite
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before August 3, 2020.
Education Level Achieved
Post secondary diploma
Years of Experience
5+ years related experience