Equity Exploration Consultants Ltd.
A short term work opportunity for an Assistant Cook at the Big Red project located near Telegraph Creek, B.C., managed by Equity Exploration Consultants Ltd. on behalf of Libero Copper and Gold Corp. Two to three-week position available starting on September 13th or 14th. We welcome all interested candidates to submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and put Big Red Project in the subject line.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
TASKS REQUIRED OF THE ASSISTANT COOK
- Assisting the Head Cook in preparing nutritious meals using sanitary methods
- Helping to maintain an inventory of food and lavatory supplies in a wildlife aware manner
- Cleaning common areas
- Ensuring kitchen equipment is kept clean and in good working order
- Washing dishes and keeping the kitchen clean
- Planning, preparing, and serving breakfast
Candidates must be willing to work in remote locations and in all kinds of weather conditions. They must be capable of repeated lifting of heavy items when unloading supplies, and comfortable living in a remote camp for up to four weeks. Job specific personal protective equipment is supplied by Equity including safety glasses, gloves and other safety wear. General work clothing is the responsibility of the individual, e.g. non-slip shoes, full-length work pants, warm clothing layers.
- During the duration of the contract, you live and work at the project site during weekdays as well as on weekends
- Work hours are 12 hours per day, typically from 6am to 6pm, with time allowed for breaks and meals
- Sites are remote, with limited communication or internet access
- All worksites are drug and alcohol free
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Applicants preferably have experience living and working in a camp setting
- Candidates with a valid and up to date Occupational First Aid Certificate at a level 1 or 2 may be prioritized
- Employees will be asked to keep project details, such as drilling results, confidential. Photos should be approved by the Project management team before sharing with friends and family or release on social media
- Employees will have to abide by the project Wildlife Mitigation and Management Plan, Chance Find Procedure, Spill Response Plan and Co-Vid 19 Management Plan