Pretivm Resources Inc.
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Geological Assistant to join our team at the Brucejack mine.
The Geological Assistant’s position is located at Pretium Exploration Inc.'s "Pretivm" Brucejack Mine, BC and reports directly to the Chief Mine Geologist or designate.
The Geological Assistant’s primary responsibility is to support the geology team in aspects of the geological work programs at the Brucejack Mine. A secondary responsibility is providing sampling support for the Reverse Circulation definition drilling and grade control drilling operations while maintaining the highest standard of safety and environmental responsibility in the work place.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
Perform the following duties with safety being the number one priority:
- The Geological Assistant – Grad Control collects and prepares Reverse Circulation drill cuttings at the drill station for shipment in an underground mine setting.
- Collect jumbo face samples and longhole drill samples and prepare samples for shipping.
- Operate equipment such as a underground front end loader and/or forklift to both collect and transport samples from the working area surface for shipment.
- Working as part of a crew, the Geology Assistant – Grade Control operates and maintains sampling and testing equipment at the sample station.
- Participates in geological and geophysical underground mine survey programs, and underground field trips.
- Maintains clean and organized work area ensuring spills are immediately cleaned; disposal is according to proper site procedures.
- Inspects, collects, compiles and records pre-operational and operational data and test results on all electrical and mechanical equipment and devices.
- Using applicable measuring devices, inspects equipment for wear and identifies maintenance requirements and/or replacement of defective parts.
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to health, community and environmental protection in keeping with Pretivm’s goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills:
- Experience in Mining, mineral processing activities, and construction activities.
- Previous experience in a Laboratory setting and an understanding of good Quality Assurance and Quality Control principles is considered an asset.
- Strong communication, leadership, planning, time management organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and adherence to outlined processing procedures.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Ability to record and maintain daily records.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Cross cultural awareness of the differences in cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation with 2 days travel.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Able to work underground in a mine-site setting.
- Able to work both dayshift and nightshift rotations.
- If you live in one of the local communities, flying will not be required. Instead, a bus will be provided to get to the site.
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!
Please direct all applications to our website:
Education Level Achieved
High school diploma or equivalent
Years of Experience
0 - 6 months of related experience