Environmental Field Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Field Assistant to join the RTEC team. The role requires experience in mining and/or oil and gas sector with some exposure to logistics and scheduling, and environmental science. The successful candidate will interact with a multidisciplinary team of field crews that will mobilize to projects across NW BC. This posting is designed for a motivated person who enjoys field work, problem solving and working within a multi-stakeholder environment.
If you are looking for new challenges and desire to be part of a leading company and work with specialized professionals with international standards, this will be your opportunity.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
- Support multiple field programs (e.g., atmospherics, water resources, fish, ecology, wildlife, archaeology) that range from 2 days to 3 weeks in length.
- Support health and safety planning, and journey management for active crews.
- Organize logistics to support mobilization and demobilization of equipment.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other RTEC employees.
QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- Ability to travel to the field and conduct environmental sampling.
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a demanding work environment.
- Strong problem solving aptitude, especially when in remote working conditions.
- Post-secondary training in Sciences, Environmental Engineering or related field experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING (not required):
- First Aid Level 1 Certificate
- Swiftwater Rescue Training
- Electrofishing Certificate
- Bear Aware Training
- Helicopter Safety Training
Certificates, Designations and TicketsCertificate - Helicopter Safety
Certificate - Wilderness First Aid
Certificate - Wildlife Awareness