Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic
Newcrest Red Chris Mining Limited
Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic
Discover what’s possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George and Smithers.
Who we’re looking for?
We are now seeking expression of interest from current Newcrest staff in the position of Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic at our Red Chris Operation.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strong commitment and adherence to all Safety Policies and Procedures
- Maintenance and preventative maintenance of production, service and support equipment
- Diagnose and complete repairs on all company mobile equipment
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease repair times and streamline work processes
- Use of computer to input work orders, parts, lists, pick tickets, equipment information, troubleshooting feedback and shift turnover notes
- The mentorship and training of apprentices and PM Servicemen
- Assist with other maintenance activities as required
In addition, you will possess the following:
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic Interprovincial Red Seal Certification
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license required, Class 3 with air brakes endorsement preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ related experience required
- Maintenance repair experience with Caterpillar haul trucks, dozers, graders, Hitachi and Komatsu hydraulic excavators and shovels, P&H 2800XPB shovel and Atlas Copco drills is preferred
- Trades related experience and knowledge of Caterpillar SIS, Komatsu, Hitachi, John Deere and Cummins service programs are preferred
- Team leader, lead hand and/or supervisory experience will increase candidate ranking
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent preferred
- Candidates to provide information re: Safety Program related training & experience, Equipment specific training and skills plus other trades related tickets and certificates
- Ability to perform tasks that require strength and stamina in extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision once familiar with requirements
Our commitment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Education Level Achieved
Years of Experience
3 - 5 years related experience