Temporary Talent Acquisition Advisor
Newcrest Red Chris Mining Limited
Discover what's possible with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. This position is a temporary work from home position.
Who we're looking for?
We are seeking a Temporary Talent Acquisition Advisor to deliver safe, efficient and profitable production through the attraction and selection of talent. Ensure the right people are in the right roles and drive leadership capability through talent development in the selection process. Act as a trusted advisor to hiring managers, partnering with them to provide guidance and recruitment support
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
Reporting to the Human Resources Superintendent, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- End to end recruitment tasks, including role briefs, screening, interviewing, probity checks, offer management;
- Provision of specialist talent advice on a range of people issues regarding the delivery of the attraction, selection and on-boarding lifecycle;
- Designing and implementing innovative sourcing strategies to attract and select outstanding talent, encouraging internal talent development and reducing recruitment costs (reducing use of recruitment agencies);
- Collaborating with the talent management team throughout the recruitment process to ensure diverse range of candidates are considered;
- Facilitating quality candidate management throughout the recruitment process;
- Proactively identifying and delivering Careers related processes and system improvement projects in collaboration with the Talent and Careers team;
- Ensuring recruitment management systems are up to date to ensure data integrity and all governance requirements are met; and
In addition, you will possess the following:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Human Resources, in house company-based recruitment (mining recruitment experience highly desirable) including experience with full cycle recruitment process: preparing postings, sourcing candidates, screening candidates, preparing offers and onboarding new employees is preferred.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and resources
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, as reflected in the ability to network in person and online
- Advanced computer skills including experience using and maintaining an internal applicant tracking system
Our committment to you
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Education Level Achieved
High school diploma or equivalent
Years of Experience
1 - 3 years related experience