Skeena Resources Limited
LOCATION: Eskay Creek
Skeena Resources Ltd. (Skeena) is currently looking to hire two (2) environmental technicians within our Sustainability group, reporting to the Regulatory and Compliance Advisor. The environmental technicians would be responsible for completing on-site sampling and reporting for compliance purposes, as well as assist on-site programs to maintain environmental standards.
The successful applicants will ideally be a self-starter with previous environmental sampling experience who enjoy working in the outdoors. They will have strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as value and implement safety and environmental protocols.
The job will be based out of Skeena’s Eskay Creek Project on a two-week rotation basis. Transportation would be provided from Telegraph Creek, Dease Lake and Iskut as well as charter flights from Vancouver, Kamloops, Prince George, Terrace and Smithers with shuttles from the Bob Quinn airport to Eskay Creek camp facilities. The Eskay Creek project is located within the Coast Mountains of Northwestern British Columbia and Tahltan Territory.
Please provide cover letter and resume to Laura Smithies, Regulatory and Compliance Advisor at email@example.com. Please include "Application for Enviro Tech" in the subject line. Application deadline 4 pm September 22, 2020.
FIFO (Fly-in / Fly-out requirement)
- Adhere to and assist the implementation of environmental protocols and procedures to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Collect and submit environmental samples for compliance and other on-going environmental studies in any weather.
- Maintain an environmental results database.
- Support other programs by providing guidance on environmental protocols and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Complete monthly and annual compliance reporting.
- Assist in any emergency reporting for environmental compliance.
- Degree within or related to environmental studies and/or related experience.
- Previous experience (5 to 7 years) with environmental monitoring and sampling required
- Ability to work outside in harsh climates and in remote locations
- Ability to work independently
- Microsoft Office programs experience and ability to manage environmental databases
Skeena Resources Limited is a junior Canadian mining company focused on developing prospective precious metal properties in the Golden Triangle of northwest British Columbia, Canada.
The Company’s primary activities are the exploration and development of the past-producing Eskay Creek mine and the past-producing Snip gold mine.
Education Level Achieved
Post secondary degree
Years of Experience
5+ years related experience